According to sources in the interior ministry, the instructions have been issued following a fresh spate of terrorist attacks in different parts of the country and amid renewed threats from militants.
They said that provincial governments had been asked to beef up security to cope with the possible fallout from an expected operation in North Waziristan, the stronghold of the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
The information minister said the centre often issued such instructions to provinces to ensure that the life and property of citizens were adequately protected. “We issue these alerts from time to time, whenever we receive intelligence reports regarding the possibility of terrorist attacks in specific areas,” he said.
Security forces began attacking suspected militant hideouts on Wednesday. On Friday night, two small bombs – planted ostensibly in retribution for the attacks on terrorist hideouts – shattered the calm of the capital city.
The information minister said the operation in North Waziristan was being conducted against those who were killing innocent people. He denied the impression that talks between the government and the TTP had broken down, saying that “the operation is targeting those who have put the life and property of people in danger, not those who are holding peaceful negotiations with the government”.
اردو میں پڑھئے